Responsibilities of the Dean's Office in accordance with Art. 45 (1) Hesse Higher Education Act:
The Dean's Office manages the faculty and is responsible for all issues that are not within the jurisdiction of the Faculty Council. It prepares and implements resolutions for the Faculty Council. The Dean's Office concludes target agreements with the President's Council. It also takes decisions on equipping the various fields by handling personnel and material costs, within the context of the university's strategic development planning and funding commitments. The Dean's Office is also responsible for study and examination organization and provides administrative assistance for evaluation procedures.
Contact Faculty administration:
Telephone.: +49 611 9495-2505
Telefax: +49 611 9495-2173
E-mail: dcsm(at) hs-rm.de
The next Faculty Council meetings are scheduled for:
117. meeting 14.01.2020, 2:15 p.m.
118. meeting 28.04.2020, 2:15 p.m.
119. meeting 26.05.2020, 2:15 p.m.
120. meeting 23.06.2020, 2:15 p.m.
121. meeting 27.10.2020, 2:15 p.m.
122. meeting 17.11.2020, 2:15 p.m.
123. meeting 19.01.2021, 2:15 p.m.
The minutes of previous meetings can be found in the Design Computer Science Media faculty’s Intranet (please log in via your HDS account).
Members of the Dean’s Office attend the Council in an advisory capacity (Art. 44 (2) sentence 2 HHG). The Council is chaired by the Dean (Art. 44 (3) HHG
Faculty Council tasks
Pursuant to Art. 44 (1) HHG the Faculty Council’s tasks are:
The Faculty Council deliberates matters of central importance to the faculty. It is responsible for:
- Enacting examination regulations and course regulations
- Proposals on setting up and discontinuing degree programs
- Coordinating research projects
- Proposals for development planning
- Formulating an opinion on target agreements in accordance with Art. 7 para. 3
- Making decisions on academic appointments by the academic search committee
- Decisions, proposals and commissioning pursuant respectively
to Art. 25, Art. 26 and Art. 32 para. 4.
- Proposals on setting up and discontinuing academic and technical facilities
- Proposals on setting up and discontinuing working groups
- Regulations on utilizing faculty facilities within the framework of the user regulations.
Members of the Faculty Council
Group of Professors
- Prof. Dr. Ulrike Spierling
- Prof. Dr. Christoph Kochhan
- Prof. Dr. Theo Steiner
- Prof. Steffen Böttrich
- Prof. Dr. Ludger Martin
- Prof. Dr. Heinz Werntges
- Prof. Dr. Holger Schunk (Representative)
- Prof. Dr. Andrea Gschwendtner (Representative)
- Prof. Börries Müller-Büsching (Representative)
- Prof. Wolfgang Schiffler (Representative)
- Prof. Dr. Jörg Berdux (Representative)
- In-Ji Chung
- Timothy Lim Wei Wern
- Norma Kamps
- Ana Franco
- Nils Sachse (Representative)
- Tawan Kimchiang (Representative)
The Examination Board ensures that the examination regulations are upheld. It handles all questions relating to examinations such as registering, objections, retakes, credit approval and internships. The board members vote the chair.
Chairpersons of the Examination Boards
- Computer Science degree programs: Prof. Dr. Wolfgang Weitz
- Interior Architecture (B.A./M.A.): Prof. Johannes Kiefer/Prof. Dr. Ralf Höller
- Communication Design (B.A.): Prof. Dr. Boris Röhrl
- Media Management (B.A.): Prof. Dr. Silke Wickel-Kirsch
- Media & Design Management (M.A.): Prof. Jörg Waldschütz
- Media: Conception & Production (B.A.): Prof. Steffen Böttrich
In accordance with § 10, article 2 of the performance payment ordinance for the university, the members of the remuneration committee are nominated by the dean in consultation with the president's office and elected by all professors of the faculty for a term of office that is coterminous with the dean's. The committee's three voting members are elected by simple majority vote and possess equal voting powers and number. The members are:
- a professor from the faculty whose position in the faculty and whose pay grade give reason to expect objective decision-making
- a professor from a comparable faculty of the same or a different institution of higher education
- the faculty's dean
What is the student council and what does it do?
The Student Council consists of all students of the faculty. Once a year all students elect the Student Council - their representation of interests.
The Student Council is the contact point for all students facing problems and ambiguities during their studies. They also organize partys and serve as a guide and the "link" between students and professors.
Members of the Student Council
Lea Johanna Irene Haugrund
Kim Julia Wetzig
Roxana Rachel Vogl