Visa/ Residence Permit

Students with an EU citizenship do not require a visa to enter Germany.

Students with a non-EU citizenship please check the official site of the Federal Foreign Office for the correct way to enter Germany.

Citizens of some countries, like Australia, Brasil, Japan, Republic of Korea, USA and others, do not need to apply for a visa in advance, but will have to apply for a residence permit upon their arrival in Germany.

All other students have to apply for a study visa at the German embassy/consulate in their home country to enter Germany and will need to apply for their residence permit once they have arrived.
Students will receive an official invitation letter for their visa application.


The Admissions Office will process your enrollment prior to your arrival at Hochschule RheinMain.

For enrollment you will be required to submit the following documents:

  • Passport/ID card
  • ID photo
  • Proof of health insurance
  • Semester fee (approx. EUR 280 including the Deutschland ticket which allows you to use regional public transportation in all of Germany)

Health Insurance

Sufficient health insurance is compulsory for all students who wish to enroll at RheinMain University of Applied Sciences.

Please bring your European Health Insurance Card (EHIC). The EHIC will be issued by your health insurance company. Turkish students will bring the form A/T 11.

Non EU-nationalities:
Health insurance can be arranged with a German insurance provider (approx. EUR 120/month). We will inform you in detail about your options for health insurance, once you receive your acceptance letter.

Please be aware that travel insurance cannot be accepted!

Citizens Office and Foreigners' Office

All students must declare their place of residence at the Citizens Office within two weeks after their arrival. Please register in the city where you will be living during your stay at RheinMain University of Applied Sciences.
In a second step, non-EU nationalities need to apply for a residence permit.

We will provide detailed information on the registration as well as the application for a residence permit during our digital info sessions prior to the semester!

Bank Account

As a student you can often open a bank account free of charge by signing an agreement and presenting your passport, your student ID as well as your confirmation of your registration at the Citizens Office.