ERASMUS+ INTERNATIONAL CREDIT MOBILITY
Students of Fuzhou University, German Jordanian University, Namibia University of Science and Technology and University of Wisconsin River Falls, who would like to spend one semester at RheinMain University of Applied Sciences between June 1, 2017 and July 31, 2019 can apply for an ERASMUS+ scholarship for a maximum period of six months. The degree programs available are:
- Architecture (German Jordanian University and Namibia University of Science and Technology)
- Civil Engineering (Namibia University of Science and Technology)
- Media: Conception & Production (German Jordanian University and University of Wisconsin River Falls)
- Media Management (Fuzhou University),
- Communications Design (German Jordanian University)
- Interior Design (German Jordanian University)
- Interdisciplinary Engineering (German Jordanian University and Namibia University of Science and Technology)
- All Engineering programs (Namibia University of Science and Technology)
BENEFITS OF THE PROGRAM
- Admission to study at RheinMain University of Applied Sciences for one semester
- Financial Support (Erasmus+ grant, see: Scholarship amount
- Assistance in preparing your stay (organizational, cultural and linguistic aspects) from your home university
- Support at RheinMain University of Applied Sciences (visa, accommodation, leisure program, buddy program). Recognition of study results according to the Erasmus+ Learning Agreement
Additionally, you can attend a German Intensive Course free of charge. The course lasts two weeks and will start approximately two weeks before lectures begin (at the end of September for a winter semester and at the end of March for a summer semester).
· The Erasmus+ grant consists of financial support for travel and living expenses.
· Students will receive EUR 800/month for living costs for a maximum period of six months.
· The travel allowance is a one-off payment and amounts to:
- EUR 1,100 for students from Fuzhou
- EUR 530 for students from Amman
- EUR 1,100 for students from Windhoek
- EUR 820 for students from River Falls
Please note that we can only transfer your grant to a German bank account.
PRECONDITIONS FOR ERASMUS+ FUNDING
· The semester you plan to spend at RheinMain University of Applied Sciences has to be at least your third semester. Postgraduate students can apply during their first semester.
· According to your choice of courses we expect your German or English language skills to be at least B1 according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
· You should have above average grades.
· You are expected to hand in the complete Erasmus+ documents in time at the International Office of RheinMain University of Applied Sciences.
· Selecting the scholarship students is carried out by the home university.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE FOR ERASMUS+ INTERNATIONAL CREDIT MOBILITY
1. Please contact your Coordinator at your home university:
- Fuzhou University: Lu Qizhou (alanlu0510(at)sina.com)
- German Jordanian University: Dr. Dorothea Jecht (dorothea.jecht(at)) gju.edu.jo
- Namibia University of Science and Technology: Theodora Nandjaa-Mweuta (tnandjaa(at)) nust.na
- University of Wisconsin River Falls: Carol Rogers (carol.rogers(at)) uwrf.edu
Your home university selects students who are eligible for the scholarship.
2. Your home university sends their decision and nomination of students to international(at)hs-rm.de by May 15 for a winter semester and by October 15 for a summer semester.
3. After having received the nominations, the International Office of RheinMain University of Applied Sciences will send you a link for online registration.
You will receive further information concerning your visa, accommodation, insurance, bank account etc.
We require the following documents from you in English for your application:
- Curriculum vitae
- Motivation letter
- Erasmus+ Learning Agreement
Please also refer to the information on this website: Erasmus/Exchange > Application
4. Once you have arrived at RheinMain University of Applied Sciences, we will send you your Erasmus+ Grant Agreement that you have to sign. After that we will transfer your travel allowance and 80% of the total grant to your German bank account.
5. At the end of your stay you will be required to fill in an online questionnaire, after which we will transfer the final 20% of your grant.