Responsibilities of the Dean's Office in accordance with Art. 45 (1) Hesse Higher Education Act:
The Dean's Office manages the faculty and is responsible for all issues that are not within the jurisdiction of the Faculty Council. It prepares and implements resolutions for the Faculty Council. The Dean's Office concludes target agreements with the President's Council. It also takes decisions on equipping the various fields by handling personnel and material costs, within the context of the university's strategic development planning and funding commitments. The Dean's Office is also responsible for study and examination organization and provides administrative assistance for evaluation procedures.
Contact Faculty administration:
Telephone.: +49 611 9495-2505
Telefax: +49 611 9495-2173
E-mail: dcsm(at) hs-rm.de
The next Faculty Council meetings are scheduled for:
97 meeting 18.04.2017, 2:15 p.m.
98 meeting 23.05.2017, 2:15 p.m.
99 meeting 20.06.2017, 2:15 p.m.
100 meeting 18.07.2017, 2:15 p.m.
101 meeting 17.10.2017, 2:15 p.m.
102 meeting 14.11.2017, 2:15 p.m.
103 meeting 19.12.2017, 2:15 p.m.
The minutes of previous meetings can be found in the Design Computer Science Media faculty’s Intranet (please log in via your HDS account).
Members of the Dean’s Office attend the Council in an advisory capacity (Art. 44 (2) sentence 2 HHG). The Council is chaired by the Dean (Art. 44 (3) HHG
Faculty Council tasks
Pursuant to Art. 44 (1) HHG the Faculty Council’s tasks are:
The Faculty Council deliberates matters of central importance to the faculty. It is responsible for:
- Enacting examination regulations and course regulations
- Proposals on setting up and discontinuing degree programs
- Coordinating research projects
- Proposals for development planning
- Formulating an opinion on target agreements in accordance with Art. 7 para. 3
- Making decisions on academic appointments by the academic search committee
- Decisions, proposals and commissioning pursuant respectively
to Art. 25, Art. 26 and Art. 32 para. 4.
- Proposals on setting up and discontinuing academic and technical facilities
- Proposals on setting up and discontinuing working groups
- Regulations on utilizing faculty facilities within the framework of the user regulations.
Members of the Faculty Council
Group of Professors
- Prof. Dr. Bodo Igler
- Prof. Dr. Christoph Kochan
- Prof. Wolfgang Schiffler
- Prof. Dr. Theo Steiner
- Prof. Dr. Wolfgang Weitz
- Prof. Dr. Heinz Werntges
- Prof. Dr. Peter Barth (Representative)
- Prof. Christine Bernhardt (Representative)
- Prof. Steffen Böttrich (Representative)
- Prof. Dr. Ludger Martin (Representative)
- Prof. Dr. Ulrike Spierling (Representative)
- Prof. Dr. Dirk Voelz (Representative)
- Julia Dreifuss
- Finja Filzinger
- Angelina Langheinrich
- Alina Viereck
- Christina Kern (Representative)
- Florian Vieregg (Representative)
Please find the application form on the faculty's intranet pages. The minutes of past sessions of the committee can also be found on the intranet. (To access the intranet, log into your HDS account - available in german only.)
According to §4 of RheinMain University of Applied Sciences' constitution on the allocation of funds as specified by the Act for Improving the Quality of Studying and Teaching at Hesse Institutions of Higher Education of September 15, 2008, the following allocation procedure applies:
- Decisions on the allocation of funds administered by the faculty will be taken by the dean and be based on proposals by the faculty's committee for the allocation of these funds.
- Proposals of the committee for the allocation of the funds will select among applications for funds that detail specific measures and need to outline persuasively how the measures will lead to concrete improvements in studying and/or teaching conditions. Measures that require hiring new personnel, the application also needs to include information about the pay grade and the duration of the measures.
- Applications can be submitted by all gruops in the faculty assembly including the current student council.
- Applications are to be submitted to the dean for academic affairs. The applications are then distributed to the members of the allocation committee and the dean's office.
- The dean's office must promptly report all decisions taken as well as the measures that are being implemented to the president. In an annual report to the president, the dean's office reports implemented measures and their effects.
- The dean's office has the authority to alter the proposals submitted by the committee for the allocation of the funds. Alterations need to be justified in writing to the committee and submitted to the committee for further deliberation. If the dean's office and the committee are unable to find a consensus, the faculty assembly will take the final decision.
MEMBERS OF THE COMMITTEE
Group of Professors
- Dean (chairs the committee with advisory vote)
- Dean of Academic Affairs
- Prof. Dr. Cornelia Freitag-Schubert
- Prof. Ralf Kunze (Representative)
Group of Staff Members
- Thorsten Rosche
- Ayten Gülcehre-Diefenbach (Representative)
Group of Students
- Merve Yildiz
- Johannes Brandau (Representative)
- Jens Möhrstedt
- Gizem Asiye Memis (Representative)
- Thorsten Knoll
The Examination Board ensures that the examination regulations are upheld. It handles all questions relating to examinations such as registering, objections, retakes, credit approval and internships. The board members vote the chair.
Chairpersons of the Examination Boards
- Computer Science degree programs: Prof. Dr. Wolfgang Weitz
- Interior Architecture (B.A./M.A.): Prof. Johannes Kiefer/Prof. Dr. Ralf Höller
- Communication Design (B.A.): Prof. Dr. Boris Röhrl
- Media Management (B.A.): Prof. Dr. Silke Wickel-Kirsch
- Media & Design Management (M.A.): Prof. Jörg Waldschütz
- Media: Conception & Production (B.A.): Prof. Wolfgang Schiffler
In accordance with § 10, article 2 of the performance payment ordinance for the university, the members of the remuneration committee are nominated by the dean in consultation with the president's office and elected by all professors of the faculty for a term of office that is coterminous with the dean's. The committee's three voting members are elected by simple majority vote and possess equal voting powers and number. The members are:
- a professor from the faculty whose position in the faculty and whose pay grade give reason to expect objective decision-making
- a professor from a comparable faculty of the same or a different institution of higher education
- the faculty's dean
What is the student council and what does it do?
The Student Council consists of all students of the faculty. Once a year all students elect the Student Council - their representation of interests.
The Student Council is the contact point for all students facing problems and ambiguities during their studies. They also organize partys and serve as a guide and the "link" between students and professors.
Members of the Student Council
Dennis Toni Allendörfer-Kralik
Designee for Feedbackmanagement
- Prof. Dr. Werner Quint
Doctoral colleges (computer science) Spokesman
- Prof. Dr. Ralf Dörner