Master Programs: English Proficiency Requirements
Comparison / Acceptance of English Language Certificate
- The recent requirements are as shown below.
- Tests three years old or less are accepted. For older tests, please check with WBS' Head of Business English.
- Master’s applicants who are unable to provide formal certification of a B2 / C1 level in English before the closing date for applications should contact the Wiesbaden Business School for advice.
Explanation of terms:
- CEFR: Common European Framework of Reference for Languages: Learning, Teaching, Assessment
- OOPT: Oxford Online Placement Test (at the HSRM Language Center)
- ETS: Educational Testing Service
- TOEIC: Test of English for International Communication
- TOEFL iBT: internet-based Test of English as a Foreign Language
- CPE = Certificate of Proficiency in English
- CAE = Certificate of Advanced English
- IELTS Academic = International English Language Testing System (two formats - only Academic is eligible)
- CELS = Certificate in English Language Skills (three levels - Prelim, Vantage, Higher)
- BEC = Business English Certificates (three levels - Prelim, Vantage, Higher)
- BULATS = Business Language Testing Service
- FCE = First Certificate in English